Tuesday
• O C T. V. • Mighty Sphincter — “Ghost Walking”
From the 1985 double EP Ghost Walking.
Haha, what a video… and a suitably morose sounding song, as well. I had no clue these guys had even had put out videos (there's another one uploaded for "Kingdom of Heaven") 'til I checked to see what I could find of theirs on youtube for this countdown. An Arizona punk/death rock/goth band with a rather complicated history and ties to everyone from 45 Grave and The Feederz to Nervous Gender, this iteration of the band fronted by Doug Clark is a bit more more gothic and not quite as frantic as their earlier stuff with Ron Reckless, whom despite all the stories the band told at the time, never really died. Kind of like how they said Doug Clark died, too. Or how they advertised that one of their albums was produced by Alice Cooper. What a naughty bunch of fibbers. All in good unclean fun, though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Creepy music, cheesy video...it's what Halloween is all about!
ReplyDeleteExactly! Worth the price of admission to just to see Doug Clark pull all those silly faces. Not to mention the Clark Gable moustache.
ReplyDeleteYES Another great one that was a regular part of the early days of Dark Entries that I forgot all about. Thanks for reminding me. I'm going to have to start working them back into the show.
ReplyDelete